You know how it is, sometimes you get used to seeing buttons for copy and paste or common keystrokes and there are times they just are not there. Well that’s how it was when I tried to copy a URL in Mozilla Firefox on Android ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich)to Evernote App.
After a bit of playing around here’s how I was able to complete the task of copying the URL and some text into Evernote.
- First tap “Mozilla Firefox” on the Android home screen and go to the Web page with the text you want to copy.
- Next press down at the beginning of the text you want to copy. Drag your finger to the end of the text. The entire text should be highlighted. If not, drag the bars at the ends of the highlighted sections to change the selection. Tap “Copy.”
- Next press the “Home” button, then tap “Evernote.”
- Open the Evernote note in which you want to copy the text or create a new one.
- Now the moment of truth, Long-press the screen, then press “Paste” in the popup menu. To “long press” on touchscreen devices means to press the screen for a few seconds, as opposed to tapping.
And that is all there is to it. You can use the same techniques to copy and paste in other apps.