As with PC and other devices there is malicious software and others trying to mess up your device. Luckily there are several free tools ou there to keep your device running smoothly. The Kindle HD is not exempt from the malicious apps out there so here are a few apps that you will want to install from the Amazon App store. Here are two of my favorites.
If there is one tool I tend to use the most in cleaning PC’s it has to be Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and it is great that they have made this available for the Android platform.
- Identifies security vulnerabilities on the device, suggests remediation
- Links seamlessly to Android Device Manager’s device location features so the device can be located, locked, or reset if it is lost or stolen
- Identifies which applications are currently running
- Identifies installed applications
- Enables custom whitelisting of approved apps
- Identifies every application’s access privileges in detail
- Breaks down access privileges by category: Contacts, Identity Information, Simple Message Service (SMS), and Security Settings
- Proactively scans applications and files for malware and spyware
- Scans native memory and SD card
- Identifies Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUPs) for removal
- Schedules automatic scans
- Updates the protection database automatically
Once installed just run it periodically to keep your tablet / Kindle HD free and clean .
CCleaner is a great app for cleaning up old logs and junk that you never knew you had.
Speed up your Kindle
In a single click, safely remove the junk that accumulates on your Kindle, slowing it down.
CCleaner can delete application cache, browser history, clipboard content, old logs and more.
Reclaim storage space
CCleaner allows you to quickly and easily remove installed applications on
your device freeing up valuable storage space.
Download and install the app from Amazon then just tap and run!